If you want to contribute to empowering people and organizations to thrive
… then by all means, keep reading!
We’re looking for a Backend Developer and a React Frontend Engineer to join our team in rolling out a category-defining SaaS product that will support companies managing digital transformation.
The roles will require the focus and commitment of a person that is energised by building a scalable, data-driven solution. Your passion for cutting edge technology will be equal to a proven ability to deliver.
UmanGo transforms the way people collaborate remotely as it provides structure and stimulates interaction for better check-in meetings, as it enables pulse surveys for a better understanding of how people are doing, and as it suggests topics to discuss.
In this way UmanGo not only allows teams to focus and align, UmanGo also allows people to thrive by addressing underlying needs of recognition, desire to connect and to make the difference.
- you're a tech person and pragmatic., you're a good communicator and team player
As Umital’s Backend Developer you will:
– work on our backend codebase which will be implemented as a number of smaller (micro)services using NodeJS and serverless components.
– be able to use your experience taking ownership of considerable parts of the stack having the responsibility to write code, write automated tests and deploy to testing and production environments. As if this would not offer you enough variation, you might be involved in some technical analysis as well.
– experience and contribute to the drive of a startup team and the professional agile work organisation of an established company, using the Kanban approach and tools.
– last but not least, enjoy closely working with our CTO and the rest of the team that we are putting together
To be successful in this function, we have the following profile in mind:
– You’re a tech person: You have a love for coding, which was only further encouraged during your studies (IT degree or self-education) and reconfirmed in work experience. You are able to write solid code using Typescript and Node.js and have an interest or experience with LoopBack or Express. Additional skills like Python and/or PHP (Laravel) knowledge put you in a front seat! You have an active interest in cloud based solutions and modern DevOps techniques as this is our way forward.
– You’re pragmatic: You are target orientated and can work independently. You have previously worked in an environment where best practices like CI/CD, unit testing and automated QA testing were in use. You love working with a roadmap and releases because they’re proof of how well you’re doing. You do everything within your power to get the job done.
– You are a communicator: You value two-way communication and want to understand underlying business needs. Good English communication skills are a necessity.
– You are a team player: We are still a small family and you will have to work with
everybody to achieve our ambitions, including external developers
at times to speed up the release calender in the beginning or to hire specific expertise.
– You are comfortable with (partial) remote work, flexible working (fully remote during COVID-19 and hybrid options post COVID)